Handover Ceremony of Science and Mathematics Textbooks for Primary School and Tablet-type Teacher's Manuals (1 March 2022)
1）Main Activities of the Embassy
- Ambassador Watanabe attended an event of New Ireland Day(26,27 July)
- Ambassador Watanabe’s visit to the National Fisheries College in Kavieng, New Ireland Province（26 July）
- Ambassador Watanabe’s visit to a factory of Queen Emma Chocolate Company（22 June）
- Ambassador disscussed with Hon. Julius Chan, Governor for New Island Province (5 June)
- Visit to PNG by Dr. Akihiko Tanaka, President of JICA (18-20 April)
- Visit to Nadzab Tomodachi International Airport and other project sites (19 April)
- Courtesy Call to PM Marape, Foreign Minister Tkatchenko and other Ministers by President Tanaka (18-20 April)
- Signing for the Exchanges of Notes on three grant assistances for improvement of cultural asset conservation, medical service and maritime security (20 April)
- Ambassador Takata paid a courtesy call on Hon. Richard Maru, Minister for International Trade and Investment of PNG (4 April)
- Ambassador Takata paid a courtesy call on Hon. James Marape, Prime Minister of PNG (3 April)
- Grant Aid for Supporting Digital Health System for infectious Disease Control through UNICEF (to the UNICEF website)
- Grant Aid for Micro solar farms in Autonomous Region of Bougainville through UNDP (to the UNDP website)
- Ambassador disscussed with Hon. Ramsey Pariwa, Governor for Madang Province (8 March)
- Signing Ceremony of Grant Assistance for Grassroots Human Security Projects (GGP) for PNG in Fiscal Year 2022 (7 March)
- Ambassador Watanabe attended , the signing ceremony for Record of Discussions on JPRISM Phase 3 (1 March)
- Ambassador Watanabe's visit to fishery facilities in Alotau, Milne Bay Province (27, 28 February)
- Handover Ceremony of school building at Alotau Primary School in Milne Bay Province (27 February)
- ODA Press Tour to Enga and Wapenamanda, Enga Province (8-10 February)
- Handover Ceremony of two steel bridges at Wapenamanda in Enga (9 February)
- Ambassador Watanabe visited Enga provincial vaccine storage center and Enga provincial hospital (Cold-chain network for Covid-19 vaccination through UNICEF) (8, 9 February)
- Handover Ceremony of school buildings at Wabag Primary School in Enga (8 February)
- Amb. Watanabe attended a ground breaking ceremony of Oro Fisheries Centre rehabilitation project (24 January)
（Department of Education website）PRIMARY SCHOOLS TEXTBOOKS AND TEACHERS MANUALS
Mathematics and science textbooks and teachers manuals for from 3rd to 6th grade students were developed through the Japan's Technical Cooperation Project and were delivered to all of the schools in PNG through Japan's grant assistant programme. The textbooks and teachers manuals can be downloaded from the Department of Education website.
（YouTube）Port Moresby Sewerage System Upgrading Project
This project won the First Prize in the Construction Project Category of the 4th Japan Construction International Award honored by the Minister of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism of Japan.
Please see the detail in the link.
（Video）Handover Ceremony for the Hohola Demonstration Primary School in NCD
This is a ceremony of handing over a new double classroom to the Hohola Demonstration Primary School in NCD by the Grassroots Human Security Project (GGP).
（YouTube）Visit Varirata National Park
This is an introduction video of the Varirata National Park for promotion, made by "The Project for Biodiversity Conservation through Implementation of the PNG Policy on Protected Areas" of the Japanese Technical Assistance.
（YouTube）Varirata Cultural Tour: Highlight Video
This is a sort highlight video of the Varirata Cultural Tour for promotion, made by "The Project for Biodiversity Conservation through Implementation of the PNG Policy on Protected Areas" of the Japanese Technical Assistance.
（YouTube）【Activity of JICA Volunteer】Awareness song "No More Malaria"
This song was produced in cooperation with John Warbat, one of the legends among PNG musicians. It was the hope of a JICA volunteer that the song would help raise awareness about preventing malaria; a tropical infectious disease that kills people in PNG.
Mr. TAKANO Yuki （Feb.2016-Oct.2018）Infection and HIV/AIDS Control/East New Britain Provincial Helth Authority
（YouTube）【Activity of JICA Volunteer】Original culture song written and sung by Children
This song was written and sung by the eighth grade students of Kalamanagunan Primary School. There are a lot of students who have exceptional talents. However, they have little chance of being evaluated on these talents compared to academic subjects. Therefore, a JICA volunteer assisted the students to record their songs on CDs.
Mr. SASASE Masaki (Jan.2015-Mar.2017) Primary Education/Kalamanagunan Primary School
（YouTube）【Activity of JICA Volunteer】Producing rice cakes in Milne Bay Province
Through Japan's Technical Cooperation Project "The Project on Promotion of Smallholder Rice Production", farmers acquired knowledge and skills to grow rice. Building on this project outcome, a JICA volunteer taught the farmers how to produce rice cakes from the rice that they grow, hence bringing additional income to communities.
Mr.MORITA Daisuke (Jan.2015-Jan.2017) Community Development/Division of Agriculture & Livestock, Milne Bay Provincial Administration